Baton Rouge, LA; Maryland/Virginia/Washington, D.C., area, or telecommuting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, plus three to five years of experience as a Linux System Administrator.
Security Clearance Requirements:
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret security clearance.
Due to US Government regulations, this job is only open to US Citizens.
The qualified candidate’s primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain STC’s Linux network infrastructure.
The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.; be able to develop Shell and Python scripts; have knowledge of protocols, such as DNS, HTTP/S, LDAP, SMTP, and SNMP; have strong problem solving and communications skills; possess a strong DevOps focus; and have experience with cloud environments, such as Amazon AWS.
Candidate must hold and maintain at least one of the following Linux professional certifications: RHCT, RHCE, or LPIC.
Position Essential Functions:
· Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure to maintain a 24x7x365 service uptime
· Engineering of systems administration solutions for various project and operational needs
· Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across different environments
· Fault finding, analysis, and logging of information for reporting of performance exceptions
· Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning
· Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, and
· Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
· Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
· Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment
· Hardening new or existing systems to pass a set of specific security controls
· Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements on existing systems
· Collaborate cross-functionally with analysts, business users, project managers, and other engineers
to achieve solutions
· Investigating and using new technologies where relevant
· Providing written knowledge transfer material
Position Additional Experience Areas:
Experience in the following areas is beneficial but not required:
· Continuous integration and deployment tools, such as Chef and Puppet
· Monitoring technologies, like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
· Infrastructure automation technologies, like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
· Work with Scrum/Agile teams
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email, and face to face. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to ten pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Less than 10 percent travel is anticipated.
Copyright © 2020 Stephenson Technologies Corporation (STC) - All Rights Reserved. Send all comments and questions to the Webmaster. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Powered by GoDaddy